Saturday, June 25, 2011

Andrea Stader: Lady of the Harbor

The CD 'Lady of the Harbor' by Andrea Stader, a folksinger from Illinois, includes a track called 'Ballad of the McDonald Boys'. It is available at CD Baby for $13.

You can listen to a short clip of the song at the CD Baby page. From that little bit, I don't know that this is the same song as the traditional 'Ballad of the McDonald Boys' AKA 'Song of the McDonald Boys' which was based on the events in Menominee, Michigan in 1881. I didn't recognize the lyrics. It may be an original composition inspired by the ballad.

I attempted to email Andrea Stader at the address provided at her web site (http://www.andreastader.com/default.asp). But it didn't go through. Too bad, I would have liked to ask her some questions about the song.

I haven't yet been able to order the CD so I can't evaluate it, but it does sound like a good addition to anyone's McDonald Boys collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment